USAFE Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remembering the Barons!

+2
Cris Morales
youngbaronfan
6 posters

Go down

Remembering the Barons! Empty Remembering the Barons!

Post  youngbaronfan Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:54 pm

What an excellent site! Glad to be a part of it. I lived at Bitburg from 1978-1981 as a dependant and I remember going to many of the Baron games. This was football at its finest: Bundling up in blankets, crazy fans, muddy field....My favorite memory is of this one crazy guy who, when the Barons had the ball, would stand up in front of the bleachers and yell: Gimme an E....Gimme an X......Gimme an L....Gimme an A.....Gimme an X.....What's that spell?.....EX-LAX, OPEN UP THAT HOLE!

youngbaronfan

Back to top Go down

Remembering the Barons! Empty Re: Remembering the Barons!

Post  Cris Morales Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:24 pm

LOL! Good one! I don't recall ever seeing this guy back when I was a dependent in the 70's but Bitburg did dominate most of the CSC from that point on through the early 80's! I was more than distracted when we had to make the walk from the locker room to the field as a visitor and all you saw was their past accolades plastered all over the walls and trophy cases! That's why beating them in the 90's was bitter sweet! We loved the nostalgia, history, and camaraderie of USAFE football! It's a crying shame the IDIOTS calling the shots shut it down after my last season as a Wolfhound in 93! Totally unjustified and inexcusable even to this day! Shame on those who didn't defend it's solvency! HOO AH!
Cris Morales
Cris Morales

Back to top Go down

Remembering the Barons! Empty Re: Remembering the Barons

Post  rcausey Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Thanks for the thumbs up on the USAFE Football web site and forum. Welcome to the community!
Yes, the Barons were monsters back in the day, from what I heard and learned putting together this site. I never had the privilege of playing against them or watching them play. Most of my personal experience was in the UKSC conference.

Again, welcome to the forum!
rcausey
rcausey

http://www.robcausey.com

Back to top Go down

Post  camppack Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:22 pm

My father was an assistant coach for the Bitburg Barons during the '71 and '72 seasons. I had a great time traveling to the away games with the team and hanging out on the sidelines as a ball boy. One of the highlights of my time in Germany was meeting Bo Schembechler, Vince Dooley and Jim Otto after a coaching clinic my farther attended. In large part due to the experiences I had at Bitburg I ended up as a high school football coach.

camppack

Back to top Go down

Remembering the Barons! Empty Calling All '76 Barons

Post  Dave Cidale Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:40 pm

Fellow '76 Barons, Just thought I would reach out and see if I can find some of you. I can't believe it either, but a year from now will be the 40th anniversary of our winning the USAFE Championship. Should we start planning for a 40 year reunion? I'm in touch with at least 7 Barons. Let's get the ball rolling! Dave Cidale

Dave Cidale

Back to top Go down

Post  bitburg21 Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:27 pm

Hi Dave,

Brian Liu here. Have some fond memories while playing at Bitburg from 1975 - 1980. I still remember that day in practice trying to tackle you and ended up tearing my MCL. I elected not to have surgery and made it through that memorable undefeated season of "76." We were blessed with great fans, great coaching, great
support staff (equip. mgrs., medical, cheerleaders, etc.), and great teammates.

bitburg21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum